Uppsala University ACM-W Student Chapter is proud to present our new mentorship program!
With this program, we will pair up students at Uppsala University (the mentees) with mentors. The mentors and mentees will be able to stay in touch however they like, such as sending emails or meeting every once in a while to chat and have a snack!
Mentors are both members of the academic and industrial communities, as well as senior students. As a mentor, you will have the opportunity to help mentees, aiding them with topics that either of you would like to bring up. Perhaps they’re not sure what to do once they finish studying and would like advice. Perhaps they do, but are not sure what to do to achieve their goals. Perhaps they feel lost *during* their studies. Participating in this program will let you get to know one or more mentees, helping them reach their goals and thrive!
We will propose activities for mentors and mentees that you can choose to participate in, or you can come up with your own. Examples of these activities are meeting other mentors and mentees while relaxing and having a fika, or having fun at the bowling alley. The program will be a great opportunity to meet people, have fun and learn!
If you wish to register as a mentee, click here to sign up.
If you wish to register as a mentor, click here to sign up. As a student, remember that you may also register as a mentor if you would like to help newer students!
By participating in the mentorship program, you are agreeing to comply with the following code of conduct:
- Confidentiality: no personal details shall be shared to 3rd parties. The only exception is any violation of the rules, which should be reported to the pertinent authorities.
- Availability: participants should be able to answer emails at least once a week. If it is not possible, the participant should notify their mentor/mentee.
- Topics for Discussion: you don’t have to talk about anything or everything. If you are not comfortable with a subject, it should be okay to say so!
- Prohibited Advice: no direct medical, mental-health, or legal advice should be sought.
- Fees: no amount of money shall be charged during the mentorship program.
- Business relationships: participants shall not pursue business relationships with their mentor/mentees if the mentor/mentees will not gain any benefit from them.
The following lists who to contact should you think there is a violation of rules, or a higher authority might be needed:
- Sexual harassment:
- Emergency phone numbers
- Other security information